Curricular Unit, type Elective
U Lisbon, Faculty of Architecture
42 Laboratory Hours
3,0 ECTS Credits
- Develop a sensibility on Harmony and Proportion applied to urban design, architecture and design; - Getting to know some theories on harmonious tracings;
- Learn how to apply harmonious tracings.
1. Historical Introduction / Introdução Histórica
- Geometrical tracings in the West and its parallel in the East:
- The orders according to Vitruvius, Serlio, Palladio and Le Corbusier;
- The Ying Tsao fa chi of Li Kiai.
2. Harmonious tracings and anthropology / Os traçados harmoniosos e a antropométrica
- Controntation between the human body and the orders
3. Harmonious tracings in architecture and design / Os traçados harmoniosos na arquitectura e no design
- Application of the theoretical concepts on architecture and design;
- Harmonious principles of the East (Feng Shui);
BONELL, Carmen (1999) - La Divina Proporción. Las formas geométricas, Ediciones UPC, Barcelona.
BROWN, Simon (1997) -Practical Feng Shui. Arrange decorate and accessorize your home to promote health, wealth and happiness, Ward Lock Book, London.
GHYKA, Matila (1978) - El Número de Oro. Editorial Poseidon, S.L., Barcelona.
LE CORBUSIER (2002) -Por uma Arquitectura, Editora Perspectiva, São Paulo.
KONG, Mário Say Ming (2012), -Harmonia e Proporção. Um olhar sobre o Desenho Arquitetónico no Ocidente e no Oriente, Insidecity Editor, Lisboa.
- Theoretical and practical classes - Continuous evaluation, that will be materialize in - research work - exercices related to the studied subjects given in class, that will be presented in a portfolio way - assuidity and participation in classes (value of 10% in a scale of 20 - 0% to absent students and 10% to students that attend frequently and participate in classes